Sunday, October 19, 2008

Isaac's Big Day!




Isaac, grandson #3, is one-year-old today! Happy Birthday, little bug. It's hard to believe that he was born a year ago and just one day after his Great-grandpa Mark passed away. Isaac was a few days late and probably wanted to wait around to see his Great-grandpa before coming to this earth.

Isaac's name is special too. Before his birth, Jessica and Bryce couldn't decide on a name. Great-grandma Chloe and I had a part in finalizing the choice. With Dad's passing I was in Utah helping with Mom (Great-grandma Chloe). With her dementia it's hard to have a conversation with her and she doesn't respond to too many things. I was feeding her lunch on Saturday, Oct. 20th, 2007 and telling her about her new great-grandson who was born the night before. I told her that Jess and Bryce weren't sure what to name him. I started rattling off the choices. When I mentioned the name, "Isaac", Mom's eyes lit up and she said, "That's a good name." I got so excited that I called Bryce immediately. Wouldn't you know that was the name they were leaning towards! I told them that that had to be his name since it was the only one Mom responded to excitedly. It still gives me goosebumps when I think about the experience.

2 comments:

howelltree said...

I had forgotten that story. Thanks for sharing. It is such a special time when we can celebrate life and the life of a loved one gone. I love keeping up with your blog! Hope you guys have a great holiday season :)

Kim said...

Thanks for making me cry! That is such a sweet story...Isaac really is a good name, and such a sweet little baby.